Volume Two:

Kosova. North Park. Chicago. Life as an adult.

Friday, March 30, 2007

well, it sure has been a while. Here are some thoughts of mine:

Sometimes I feel as if I'm in waiting.

This year, there were three instances where friends of mine sort of 'drifted' away and I thence found myself sitting and waiting. Not purusing. Not moving on. Not mourning. Not questioning. Not expecting anything. Rather, just waiting - almost *knowing* that they'd be back. Now, one of these so-called 'drifts' lasted a couple of days (which makes it seemingly insignificant in normal circumstances, but I've included it as it supports the forthcoming metaphore/lesson), another a number of months (5ish), and another half of a semester. I'm happy to say that all three relationships have been reconciled - including (when necessary) apologies, recognition of mistakes, and forgiveness from both parties. I could go on, but to avoid giving you the impression that these were awfully dramatic circumstances (as that's not necessarily the case), I'll compress my main point to this: as these relationships have blossomed over the past few weeks, one idea hit me. hard.

"Peter, what if God is the one WAITING on you?" God - Not purusing. Not moving on. Not mourning. Not questioning. Not expecting anything. Just, waiting - *knowing* that [I'd] be back.

The Bible instructs US numerous times to WAIT for the Lord. "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." - Psalms 27:14, for example. I find my contrary application to be a helpful emphasis on the idea that I may, admittedly, be 'drifting' away, and that He is working in and waiting for me. I think that's the idea a number of people have been trying to imply and communicate to me as I live my college life without the influence of a small group, with less church/spiritual support than before, without daily devotions, without a *yearning* to really come closer to him and grow in my relationship...

I think it's high time that changed.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Peter- Good words, bud. Were that reconciliation easy. I don't think it ever has been; perhaps this comes to mind more on Easter week.
    Cheers!
    -jason christensen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home