Volume Two:

Kosova. North Park. Chicago. Life as an adult.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Never Again"

These undaunted words came from a very hungover floormate this afternoon. Appearantly, in the three hours I was away from the room last night, he consumed half a bottle of smirnoff (provided by someone else) and shortly after the Bears' behemoth comeback last night, started running and shouting up and down the hallway, causing quite the stir/entertainment among our peers this morning. When I came back, the guy was out cold. As I was completing my homework assignment at my desk at about 1:30 AM, I start hearing one of the most repugnant and loathsome sounds in the world: a man throwing up in his sleep. It continued off and on for about five minutes; I was half afraid he might suffocate or something, so I yelled at him, poked him with stuff and the guy did. not. budge. After resting all morning, he's come to an admirable conclusion: "Never again." It was his first time, and as the curiosity of a free college freshman may entice, he just wanted to try it. "Never again" he says. As my inner mother is slowly coming out (seperating his red sheets from his white pillow/pillowcase in his laundary load), and we reflect on the previous evening, I find a positive bonding experience in the works.

Recent friendship developments have made college seem like threshold week a bit again. I'm hanging out more often with some people I've met only recently, whose company I enjoy very much, and I'm constantly still meeting new people and new scenarios. It keeps life vibrant, I suppose, if nothing else.
__________________________________________________________________

Kosova has been on my mind quite a bit recently, here's why.
> Sunday afternoon I recieved a long, informational email from Mark and Trish, missionaries whom I worked with this summer.

> North Park University has been publicizing multiple short-term mission opportunities all over the world for either winter or spring break.

>I've emailed/chatted with some friends from there, and try to be proactive in maintain relationships with both Kosovars and North Americans.

>Urbana is coming up, and I'm planning to attend that conference open-minded, hopefully crossing paths with some of the CrossWorld Team Members.

> I saw on the Chicago News, of all places, that Nicole Kidman traveled to Kosova earlier this week on UN celebrity ambassodor assignment. I was just excited that people now are hearing more about the region, and that perhaps good things are happening.

I now see that the KOSOVA JOURNAL portion of my website has gone off the recent posts list, so you may access it here, for those of you who are interested in my experiences this summer.



Finally, I've discovered two favorable, little-known bands worth noting. The Beazley Phillips Band and The Gabe Dixon Band. Check them out, if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home